Thursday, October 27, 2011

Could we have a guild?

Last night, at the fundraiser for Ruminate Magazine, a "little magazine" that encourages us to chew on life, faith and art, the speaker talked for a few moments about guilds.  He spoke of how the magazine has provided a space for thousands of artists, writers and readers to respond to each others' work, to encourage one another, and to enjoy the power of words and art.

Since I'm a reader, I guess I'm part of that guild.  However, as an occasional writer, I'd also like to be part of a more intimate guild where others respond to my  ideas and words. Since I don't have a writers' network in place, this blogging world may be the primary place to share writing.  But since I currently only have an audience of two (Hey, Ben and Maria!), I may need to work out a few more details for this plan.  Hmmmmmmmmmmm. . .

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I also follow your blogging. There may also be more out there that you aren't aware of yet. I mean...you are a really successful person. I hear even students want to dress up like you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, students dressed up as YOU and Ms. Wiltjer. . . only Jeralyn wanted to be me :)

    ReplyDelete