Saturday, July 23, 2011

bluegrass musings

I was listening to an interview with Gillian Welch today, and I realized anew that there is a bluegrass girl hiding in this soul.  I felt every line as I sang along to "Orphan Girl", though I have a mother, a father, a sister, and a brother. 

I can't listen to an Emmylou CD without singing every part, imagining that Neil Young just might show up for a singalong at MY house too, and that Allison Krauss is welcome with her fiddle at any time.

I put out a facebook request for a bluegrass jam, and I do believe people thought I was joking.  I AM NOT.  I don't need to be on stage, I don't even need to learn to play another instrument.  I just want a group to sing in as many parts as we want, sitting around my living room.

Are there any other bluegrass wannabees out there? 

No comments:

Post a Comment